Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Day 313 - Tuesday 7th March 2006 - Addendum

When kp got up from her snooze, we went outside for a cup of tea and a natter and kp got upset again.

kp (crying) :- "I feel like I am a thicko"

I tried to explain that she was just as intelligent as she was pre-accident and that she was still the kp we all know and love. I also tried to put into perspective her impairments.

dp :- All it means, love, is that you can't take information in as quick as you used to...etc etc...

I also said.....

dp :- I tell you what, love. If you had to have a stroke, then I am glad we got the stroke we did. You could have been unable to speak, needing your food mashed up etc etc....

We got the tears under control.

For dinner, I made a shepherd's pie (well, more like, warmed up a shepherd's pie) and as I prepared this, Karen prepared a chicken bake for Thursday's tea. I stood back as much as I could and let her do most of it.

Notice she can still multitask like only women can do (apparently).....

Speaking on phone and doing chicken bake


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home